Labels

Sunday, March 31, 2013

DIY Cardigan with Lace Heart Elbow Patches

A while ago I bought this shirt from Goodwill for 99 cents. It was originally from Urban Outfitters  A good deal I thought, and comfy too! The only problem was it was a little too high in the neck line for my taste.
I decided I could easily make in into a cardigan by cutting it down the middle, folding both sides in 1/4 inch and sewing it up. So I did just that! (With the help of my mom and her sewing machine. Thanks mom!)
So now I had this really cute and comfy cardigan to go with skirts and shirts and dresses. But I thought what would make this even cuter? Lace elbow patches! Elbow patches are one of my favorite trends and they were easy to make. 
First I took some lace that I bought at Joann's for $1 and folded it in half and cut out a heart.


Then I placed the heart on the sweater (where I had previously marked where my elbows land) and sewed it on by hand.

Voila! I cute and trendy sweater for only $2! And when my friends ask me where I got it I can say that I made it! Beauty.




1 comment: